Nick Dunkerley from Hindenburg shares some Podcast Editing Tips that will make you sound like a pro at podcasting even if you’re not an audio engineer and just starting out in podcast editing.
We find out how Hindenburg stands out from other DAWs like Adobe Audition, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Audacity and etc., and why it should be your DAW of choice in podcasting.
Get your copy of this DAW here: Hindenburg.com
Podcast Editing Tips with Nick Dunkerley [Listen Below]:
(Scroll down to the bottom of this blog post for the full transcript)
Show Notes – Podcast Editing Tips
2:40 – Hindenburg is designed specifically for spoken word production
9:44 – How much noise reduction is ideal to not make your audio file sound too processed
12:06 – Nick describes how EQ and compression works
19:55 – Hindenburg introduced the feature called magic levels which gets rid of the bleed caused by multiple microphone recording
24:42 – -16 LUFS is what Nick recommends and he tells us why
34:52 – The right amount of compression that doesn’t hurt the dynamics of the audio file
38:49 – The Hindenburg team offers a discount if you make the purchase at the right time – usually at the end of September
44:52 – Hindenburg offers webinars and workshops for beginners and intermediate users
46:18 – The best recording as Nick describes
47:25 – Hindenburg is making a new website which they plan to launch soon
48:40 – You can have a monthly Hindenburg subscription instead of buying it
You can find Nick at Hindenburg.com
Podcast Editing Tips Videos
Hindenburg Tips and Tricks
- The best recording you can do is clean from the beginning
- -16 LUFS is the podcasting standard that’s agreed by many
- Too much compression hurts the dynamics of the audio – 2 or 3 is about right
- Apply noise cancellation only up to the level that gets rid of the unwanted noise
- Use the magic level feature to solve the bleed problem in your audio
- Record a clean and good audio and capture its profile for your voice profiler
- Utilize the clipboard feature to save time in arranging your podcast sequence
- Learn all the keyboard shortcuts to become more efficient in editing
Related Podcast Episodes
Conclusion – Podcast Editing Tips
Get the most out of your podcast editing experience with this easy-to-use DAW. Spend less time on the audio engineering part and focus more on making great content!
Do you already have your own podcast? If yes, would you try Hindenburg? If not, maybe you should!