How do you Grow a Podcast?
I’ve got the great John Lee Dumas from Entrepreneurs On Fire to break down how to monetize a podcast. This one blew me away so I know you are going to love all of the crazy knowledge bombs.
Find out why you should not try to convert the unconverted. Instead you should be like JLD and become a guest on other podcasts. Set the goal now for 100. The new 100 guest challenge will be coming soon to a theater near you.
You can find John at EOFire.com.
JLD on Monetizing a Podcast Today
- Don’t even think about sponsors until you are 365 days into your show.
- Instead find out what the #1 struggle is for your listeners
- Give them a solution to that struggle
- Then Offer that solution to your audience
- If the first solution doesn’t solve their problem then tweak and try again
- Eventually you’ll find something that works
- Determine what your massive solution is to their problem
Nick Loper talked about how to Monetize your side hustle and shared a number of other online tips.
What is the best way to Promote a Podcast?
- Become a guest on 100 podcasts in next 100 days
- John wants to become one of the 7 podcasts that the average person listens to
- If you become one of the 7, then they might drop into your funnel
- Then they might become a customer or client
- Focus where people are already listening
Quote via Pat Flynn form Smart Passive Income:
“The Riches are in the Niches.”
How Do You Know When You Niched Down Enough
- You know you are niched down enough If you look around and have no competition
- and/or if You look around and know you can dominate everyone in the niche
- The Risk analogy and Australia
- The example of the fly fishing niche within a niche (hey, that’s us)
- Get fired up when you see barriers because you will be better off on the other side of it
- How to generate more traffic to mconetize your podcast
Bonus Tip (How to grow a podcast through content marketing)
Case Study with Jimmy in the Fitness Category
- He is not building a niche because he is going to wide
- He should start over from scratch on the one thing
- What do you want to become best in show at for your listeners
- Jimmy needs to get on 100 other podcasts as a guest
How can you become a podcast guest?
Here are the steps to finding guesting opportunities to Building your podcast:
- Go to apple podcast store
- Goto your category
- rank the top 200
- see which ones take guests on a topic where you are expert
- when find them you have to manually do this:
- Click on logo
- click website
- click contact
- Click on logo and click website
- Then click contact form.
- Send them a letter:
- Hey Sarah, I love this episode.
- Ask them if there are other show that they would recommend you can go on for another guest podcast
Takeaway: Get yourself as a guest on 100 podcasts this year
“Convert the Converted, it’s so much easier.”
Conclusion with John Lee Dumas
John Lee Dumas breaks down some amazing tips on the steps to monetizing a podcast. We find out how to understand and know when you have niched down enough with your podcast. This is one of the best episodes to date on these topics and your listeners are going to love it!
And if you’re looking for more advanced strategies on growing traffic to your website and getting more sales, make sure to check out this Email Marketing course I recently took that helped me scale my business to the next level. By the way, this link above is an affiliate link, which means that I earn a commission if you end up purchasing this course. It’s at no extra cost to you and please if you have any questions related to this product, let me know and I’d be happy to answer them for you.