Listen to the JP MacDonnel Podcast below:
Google Local SEO Introduction
JP MacDonnel breaks down the tips to ranking your business through Google Local SEO. This is the map feature that pops up when you search for a local company on google.
We hear why it all starts with Google my business, but that you should also be thinking about all three areas of google. Google My business is not rocket science but takes time, maintenance.
Google Local SEO Show Notes
13:30 – It all starts with Google my business page
13:50 – Kris Reid was on the podcast to share tips on the main search ranking and
31:20 – Google posts is like a social media account on google my business
52:40 – The OOM 015 episode on marketing to Facebook groups with Bella.
55:45 – Daniel J lewis was on the podcast and talked about podcast reviews.
1:03:50 – 30 Days of Dawn starts October 1st. Goto urban barrels and the backpack that turns into a beach towel
You can find guest JP MacDonnel on instagram @jpmacd
RevLocal.com is the agency that JP works for.
16 Solid Google Local SEO Tips
- Use google SEO search, local SEO and paid ads for the trifecta of google SEO
- Much of the local SEO is crowd sourced – embrace this
- Reviews are critical to show up faster on maps and stand out
- Download the google my business app
- Set up your area as a service area if no physical address
- Use Google Posts for social
- Clean up old stuff
- Optimize with consistency and posting and photos awn weekly or monthly
- Add a link in your newsletter so customers can leave you a review on my business
- Don’t go all in on one strategy but diversify as much as you can
- Just take 10 minutes to upload a pic to my business
- Share google my business page through other channels
- Consider pay per click to pay to get ahead (but be careful) – My guest here said to not do paid ads because of issues of not doing it right
- use your phone and test the search for your local market to get a feel for the process
- Have a strategy to deal with negative reviews
- Use the awareness feature to track how well you are doing
Todays Top Takeaway: Just take 10 minutes to upload a pic or something quick to google my business.
Google SEO Local Resources
google.business.com to set up your local listing on local.
Google Local SEO Conclusion with JP
JP shares the steps to getting your business to show up first on the local map that jumps out at the top. We focus on how you can show up first if you are a fly shop or local fly fishing guide.
Google my business is something you can do once per month but the returns could be huge putting you on page 1 of google for local search.